2020 scgs call for presentations (cfp) - checklist
JES Webinars - the first Saturday and third Wednesday of every month in 2020, except for June 6th and July 4th.
To make your experience fast and efficient, consider having the following information available:
LOG IN INFORMATION:
If you have applied as speaker in the last three years, we have uploaded your previously provided speaker information. You may update any pre-loaded fields. Use your same email and password to log in.
For new applicants, log in with your email and create a password.
You may save your application and return to your account as many times as you’d like. You can make changes until 11:59 pm, Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
Step 1 – CONTACT INFORMATION – this information is private and will not be published
- Name – First name as you’d like us to call you and Last Name – required
- Mailing Address – Where we can mail any necessary correspondence – required
- Phone Numbers – Best number to reach you and alternate number – at least one phone number required
- Company Name – optional
- Email – required
- Backup Contact Name, Email and Phone – Who we should talk to when you’re unavailable – optional
- Make Checks Payable to – Please be exact here – required
- Number of Presentations Given in the Last 12 Months – required
- If you have presented, where you presented – conference, seminar or society name – required
Step 2 – PUBLIC SPEAKER PROFILE – this is your published information
- Name – including post-nominals shown as you wish it to be published – required
- Biography – cut and paste, or write new, your bio of up to 400 characters, written in the third-person. Please check your spelling, grammar and punctuation – required
- Headshot – Upload, or drag to add, your photo.
- Important!! Final version must be color, 300 x 300 dpi. Your face should be approximately 50% of the photo submitted. A square photo is preferable. Format: JPEG; Maximum file size: 8 MB. – required
- Public Contact Info – at least one of the following is required
- Public Email
Step 3 – PRESENTATION INFORMATION
· Presentation Title - up to 75 characters – required
2020 Jamboree Extension Series (JES) Webinar (60 minutes lecture and 30 minutes Q&A) – JES Webinars are the 1st Saturday at 10am and 3rd Wednesday at 6pm of every month (Pacific).
· Presentation Description – up to 400 characters - required
· Presentation Target Audience – Beginner, intermediate and/or advanced – check all that apply – at least one is required
· Presentation Topics or Record Types – check all that apply – at least one required
- Digital Resources
- DNA/Genetic Genealogy
- Ethnic Research
- Family History Writing and Publishing
- Methodology and/or Research Strategies
- Migration, Emigration/Immigration
- Next Generation
- Preservation/Archival Storage
- Record Types
- Research Strategies
- Social Media/Blogging
- Society Management
· Presentation Geographic or Ethic Types – check all that apply – at least one required
- Not specific to geography or ethnicity
- British Isles & Ireland
- Eastern European
- Native American
· Presentation Recording Permission
- Recorded via GoToWebinar and archived for SCGS members-only viewing
Step 4 – VERIFY YOUR APPLICATION IS COMPLETE
Finish your application no later than 11:59 pm, Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in providing excellent learning opportunities through SCGS conferences and events.